Excess Baggage Defined
Excess baggage is any extra luggage that might not be necessarily essential but takes up extra space thus limiting the space that would be beneficial for other items. Extra luggage always brings about inconvenience during any travel, this is due to the fact that the luggage might not be needed but still incurs a cost in carrying it. The situation becomes more complex when there is limitation of space for the accompanied baggage; it therefore calls for proper planning and execution of travel arrangements prior to the onset of a journey.
How to Cost Effectively Deliver Excess Baggage through a Courier Services Company
Using courier services is the most ideal way to deal with the excess baggage in a time efficient and cost effective manner, the excess baggage service provider is capable of handling any kind of luggage and delivering it to the desired destination. In order to carry out the deliverance of excess baggage to the courier services company, proper planning is necessary, this will entail the following:
- Packing: The luggage needs to be packed in a careful manner in order to avoid mix up or damage, a good rule is always having each person packing his or her own luggage. The packed items are counterchecked against a checklist which ensures that all items are packed accordingly. The use of high quality cartons or boxes is essential to ensure no spillage or rapture takes place during transportation.
- Labeling: The products are packed according to use or size and all the contents as well as the owner detailed well labeled outside the box. This assists in quick identification as well as tracing items in case of a confusion or loss.
- Delivery: All items need to be delivered as bulk all at once to avoid confusion; there should also be a final checklist which is used when dispatching the extra luggage to the excess baggage service provider.
How to Select Excess Baggage Service Provider
Choosing the ideal courier services provider poses a challenge to most people, this is attributed to lack of knowledge and also the sensitive nature of the vocation. There is always a risk of losing, damaging or mishandling of the extra luggage. Factors to consider when sourcing for an excess baggage service provider include the following:
- Reputation: The courier company should be of good reputation and of high integrity; this ensures that the extra belongings will be handled with care to avoid unnecessary confrontation due to incompetency.
- Experience and Expertise: The firm should be well versed in the field by having well trained and experienced personnel who are also familiar with the region, this helps in reducing the time and cost used in the undertaking.
- Well Equipped: The courier company needs to have a fleet of sound running vehicles that are able to haul the luggage in a safe manner, poorly kept vehicles might break down during the journey thus jeopardizing the delivery through risk of theft.
- Licensed and Insured: The Company offering the courier services needs to be licensed as a legitimate courier company as well as having the vehicles well insured so as to be able to compensate the customer incase of loss while the goods are in their hands.
Inconvenience caused by having excess accompanied baggage is best catered for by use of a reliable courier firm, exercising due diligence through proper planning and researching about a credible firm will ensure that the whole exercise proceeds on smoothly with minimal interruptions as well as providing peace of mind during the activity.